Carrot Cake:2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/4 cups oil
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts) optional
1 cup raisins (optional
Cream Cheese Frosting:8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 9” pans or one 12” cake pan or one 9”x 13” sheet pan by lining with parchment or wax paper.
- Mix together in a bowl together flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla for about minute or so.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minutes more.
- Add the grated carrots. Then add nuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 45 to 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a skewer, it should be dry when taken out. Cool then fill and frost with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with more nuts.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: a bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in icing sugar and beat for a minute. Add vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another minute.