- 2 cups mushrooms halved
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 english cucumber sliced into rounds & then quartered
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cups of bean sprouts rinsed
- 1-2 carrot shredded
- 2 cups of spinach shredded
- Udon noodles cooked
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 cloves of garlic pressed
- 2 inches ginger peeled and pressed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- Juice from 1.5 – 2 limes
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- Prepare the udon according to the directions on the package and place in fridge
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the ingredients for the peanut sauce. Whisk with a fork until the mixture is an even consistency. Work out any lumps of peanut butter. Cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Wash, slice, dice and prepare the vegetables. Pile on a large plate or bowl.
- Separate out the cilantro to use as a garnish.
- Remove the noodles and peanut sauce from the fridge. Dip the noodles in the peanut sauce until coated. Remove and place on a large serving platter or bowl.
- Serving Method 1:
- Place the chopped vegetables around the edge of the udon noodles and serve. Provide the remainder of the peanut sauce in a separate bowl and a ladle for people to add to their bowls. Serve with fresh lime wedges Garnish with cilantro.
- Refrigerate any remaining peanut sauce for up to 4 days. Serve with just udon or udon and vegetables for another cool meal.
This tastes just like Noodles and Company peanut thai bowl, You can serve hot also.